If you’re considering getting a divorce, you may want to speak with family attorneys in Tampa, FL from The McKinney Law Group promptly. A divorce is a complicated ordeal, and you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about family law.

What Is a Contested Divorce?

A contested divorce involves spouses who can’t agree on one or more issues in their divorce, such as child support, property division or spousal support. This type of divorce typically requires court intervention to resolve disputes.

What Is an Uncontested Divorce?

An uncontested divorce is when spouses reach an agreement about all the issues in their divorce. They don’t have to go to court, so the divorce process is usually much shorter.

How Is Alimony Determined?

Alimony can be awarded to one spouse in a divorce. In Florida, judges may look at several factors when determining which spouse to award alimony to and how much. These factors may include the length of the marriage, the earning capacities of each spouse, the financial resources of each party and the contribution of each spouse to the marriage.

How Is Child Custody Determined?

If you and your spouse can’t come to a child custody agreement, the judge may take over. He or she may consider multiple factors when determining child custody, such as who has been the primary caregiver, each parent’s mental and physical health and preferences of the child.

Why Do I Need a Family Attorney?

A divorce can include many complicated issues, like property division, child custody and child support. To ensure that you receive the best possible outcome, it’s essential to work with family attorneys in Tampa, FL. They will provide you with sound legal advice and prevent you from making mistakes that could hurt your case.

How Do I Keep My Spouse from Hiding Assets?

This is a concern some people have when filing for divorce. One way to prevent this from happening is to request for the court to enter a Restraining Order on Assets. You will also have to follow this order.

How Do You Modify Child Support?

If circumstances in your life have significantly changed, you can request for the court to modify child support. For example, if you lost your job and don’t make the same income anymore, you can request to lower your payments.

Schedule a consultation with family attorneys in Tampa, FL.