Tampa FL Divorce Attorney
Are you facing a divorce? If so, you are not alone. In fact, national statistics show that half of all marriages end in divorce in the United States. A few of those situations are amicable and can be resolved quickly. However, the majority are fueled by emotion and are best handled with help from a professional divorce attorney from McKinney Law Group APC.
The sorting of assets and debts that inevitably accumulate during a marriage can feel overwhelming, not to mention when children are involved. In those cases, there is an ethical and legal obligation to handle the details with the child or children’s best interest in mind.
What to consider when going through the divorce process:
1. Divorce petition: Have you or your spouse filed a divorce petition? If not, you should consider doing so to begin the process. If you have received a petition, you need to respond immediately. In hiring McKinney Law Group APC, we will assist in this process by review the petition and the identified grounds for divorce and provide advice as needed.
2. State to state laws: In the United States, each state has its own set of divorce laws. The varying laws may relate to grounds for divorce, processing deadlines and fees, custody laws, and property distribution. A divorce attorney in Tampa FL can explain how Florida divorce laws work.
3. Custody: No matter what the relationship between you and your future ex is like, the emotional well-being of your children should be the first priority. The custody schedule should be designed with them in mind. Many divorced families have creative custody arrangements. The important thing is to come up with a schedule that works for all involved parties as that will avoid unnecessary wrinkles and resentments in the future. Our firm’s extensive legal experience enables us to understand what works for different family dynamics. McKinney Law Group APC can help you with custody options.
4. Child support: It can be quite complicated to sort out what child-related expenses are necessary versus frivolous. The first step is to list all expenses on a preliminary list and highlight the important ones. It is always advised to consult your attorney with child support questions and desires.
5. Household financial obligations: There are ongoing expenses required for the primary residence that the children live in. This should be evaluated and discussed with your divorce attorney and outlined in the divorce terms.
In the divorce process, especially when children are involved, it is imperative to keep your emotions in check. The whole process will be easier in the moment and in the long-term when decisions are made with cool heads. It is also beneficial to find ways to compromise along the way.
For many, cool-headed compromise may not feel realistic, however, that is where the legal team of McKinney Law Group APC comes in. A Tampa FL divorce attorney can help you work through the emotional aspects of divorce by assisting you every step of the way. It is our duty to work diligently to expedite the divorce and create the best terms for you and your children. Please contact us today to set up a free consultation.