As you are sifting through your divorce documents with your divorce lawyer, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the logistics of finalizing your divorce. Divorce can take its toll on you both physically and mentally, so it’s imperative that you schedule time during this stressful period to take care of yourself.
Self Care and Divorce
Your divorce is more than just the legal process of separating from your spouse. It’s a new chapter in your life, in which you will have to assume a new identity as a single person managing a significant amount of responsibilities. Every individual will experience a wide range of emotions during this tumultuous time, which is why self care is so important. You need to be feeling like your best version of yourself as you navigate through the different decisions surrounding your divorce with your Tampa divorce lawyer.
Tips for Feeling Better Physically
- Exercise on a daily basis. Be sure to choose an exercise routine that you enjoy, such as a light walk through the local park or a 20-minute yoga session before going to bed each day. Exercise will help improve your physical and mental state.
- Eat a balanced diet. Now is not the right time to binge on cookies and nachos. Instead, opt for nutritious meals that are both nourishing and delicious.
Advice for Easing the Mental Strain
- Reach out for support. For some people, talking to their friends or even their family members can be difficult during a divorce. It’s easy for people who know both you and your former spouse to take sides and to inflict their opinion. Instead, join a support group or schedule an appointment with a licensed counselor. Talking about your feelings with an objective party is the best way to manage the emotions you are experiencing at this time.
- Make time for something that you love. If you are a bookworm, spend an hour at the library each week browsing books or reading for fun. If you like to try new things, sign up for an evening class where you can indulge your love of learning.
- Stick to a consistent schedule. Being able to count on a specific schedule each day will help you feel more in control of your life, especially during this period of significant change.
Your Tampa divorce lawyer will not only serve as your guide throughout the divorce process, but also as your advocate. To find out more information about divorce proceedings in Florida and the importance of self care during this time, contact our law firm today.
If you have questions regarding a divorce attorney (Tampa, Florida), or are unaware as to the terms and conditions in, talk to, and retain, a family law attorney who can help. Contact Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group to discuss your case further. He can be reached by phone at 813-428-3400 or by e-mail at email@example.com