If you need to change your child support or custody arrangement, you may want to look into post judgment modification and enforcement Tampa FL families search for. This legal action enforces a previous judgment of the court. At The McKinney Law Group, we may help you with post judgment enforcement so that you, your ex-partner, and your children may all find balance again.
What Changes Call for a Modification?
There are a few situations that may call for a post judgment modification and enforcement in Tampa FL. When look at a request to modify, the court will likely look at the following:
- Changes in children’s behavior: If you are looking to modify a custody arrangement, the court may look to see if there are any changes in your children’s behavior at home and school. If your children, for example, are skipping school or getting bad grades, the court may ask if there has been a problem with the custody arrangement. If so, the court may work with the parents to amend the current arrangement.
- Physical or emotional harm to children: A post judgment modification and enforcement Tampa FL families look into may also be made if the children have been physically or emotionally harmed. The courts will likely remove them from the home as soon as possible. Following immediate action, the courts may begin determining a more long-term solution that ensure the safety of the children.
- Substance abuse: The court may consider a post judgment modification and enforcement Tampa FL parents ask for if one parent is abusing alcohol or drugs. That type of environment is not safe for children, so the court would likely consider taking them out of that home as soon as possible.
- Change in income: If you no longer make as much money as you once did, a change in child support payments may be necessary.
- Move to another location: A post judgment modification and enforcement may also be needed if one of the parents moved to another town or city. The custody arrangement may need to be modified to accommodate the change in location.
Hiring a Lawyer for Post Judgment Modification
Navigating through a post judgment modification and enforcement can be tricky, so it may be in your best interest to hire a lawyer. At The McKinney Law Group, we have years of experience with Tampa post judgment modification and enforcement. We pride ourselves in listening carefully to each client’s needs and providing them with viable legal strategies that benefit the entire family.
During your first consultation with us, we may ask you to tell us a little more about your ideal post judgment modification and enforcement Tampa FL might offer. For example, if you want to modify your child support payments, we may ask you if you’ve lost your job or working fewer hours than you were before. We encourage you to be as detailed as possible in your responses. The more information you provide us, the better we may help you.
If you want to learn more information about post judgment modification and enforcement Tampa FL families seek, contact The McKinney Law Group at 813-906-0048.