Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group provides legal services regarding child support Tampa FL parents can rely on. He can be reached at 813-906-0048 and offers a free case review to parents seeking legal guidance for child support issues.
Child Support Payments
Both parents have a legal duty to pay child support in Tampa FL, even if the parents are no longer in a relationship. Florida Child Support Guidelines determine how much financial support each parent is obligated to pay. However, the formula that is used to calculate the support amounts is based on the assumption that the correct numbers are inputted. In addition, events can occur and situations change that affect a parent’s ability to contribute to child support. Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group understands that sometimes a responsible parent needs help negotiating their child support payments.
Calculation of Child Support Payments
When it comes to monthly payments for child support Tampa FL courts determine that amount based on several factors.
- The child’s financial needs such as medical insurance and copays.
- Daycare expenses.
- Tutor costs.
- Monthly food and clothing costs for the child.
- Fees associated with extracurricular activities and equipment such as sports gear.
- Each parent’s individual income.
- The number of times on average that the child sleeps at one or the other parent’s house in a given time period. This can greatly affect how Tampa child support Tampa FL judges may rule regarding payment amounts.
Modifying Child Support Payment Amounts
When a couple separates and one moves out, this causes a domino of changes for most people. This is especially true for their individual, as well as shared, finances. If they co-own a house, the person who moves out may have to shoulder the additional financial burden of rent as well as a shared mortgage payment. There will likely be additional utility bills and maintenance costs. During this transitional time, it can be impossible to accurately predict a consistent net income. The McKinney Law Group can petition the court on your behalf so that the payments for child support Tampa FL requires you to pay are fair and you can reasonably expect to meet your obligation.
Benefits of Hiring a Child Support Lawyer
If you are having trouble collecting child support, it may be in your best interest to hire a child support lawyer Tampa FL residents trust. The process can be quite complicated, and you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of working with a child support lawyer:
- Knowledge in Family Law: Family law can be complex, so it helps to have someone with extensive knowledge working with you. A reputable child support lawyer in Tampa FL knows the ins and outs of family law and can make sure all the rules are followed. For example, he or she may ensure that you don’t miss any filing deadlines in order to receive child support.
- Assistance With Paperwork: Filling out child support paperwork may be more complicated than you think. If you make one small error, it can slow down the entire process. A child support lawyer Tampa FL clients respect may help you fill out this paperwork accurately the first time so that you don’t have to do it again.
- Quick Response on Skip Outs: It can be very disheartening when an ex-spouse tries to skip out on child support payments. Some individuals try to avoid paying child support by changing jobs or addresses. Luckily, a child support lawyer Tampa FL residents rely on has the time and determination to respond quickly to this dilemma and get your child’s income as fast as possible.
Questions to Ask a Child Support Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a Tampa child support lawyer, it may be beneficial to inquire about his or her skills and experience. Here are a few questions you may want to ask a child support lawyer:
- How Many Cases Have You Handled Similar to Mine? It may be important to hire a lawyer who has dealt with several child support cases similar to yours. For example, if your ex-spouse skipped out on child support payments, you may want to work with a lawyer who has experience tracking down individuals who stopped making payments and forcing them to pay.
- How Do You Plan to Handle My Child Support Case? Find out how a child support lawyer Tampa FL residents count on plans to tackle your child support case. For instance, your lawyer may ask the court to garnish your ex-spouse’s wages or withhold federal tax returns.
- What Are Your Fees? The fees child support lawyers charge can vary, so it is important to find out about them during your first consultation. Some lawyers charge by the hours while others charge a flat fee for their services.
- Do You Have Time to Take My Case? Before you hire a child support lawyer in Tampa FL , you may want to find out about his or her current caseload. If a lawyer is handling a large amount of child support cases right now, he or she might not have enough time to give your case the attention it deserves.
Child Support Legal Representation
Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group understands the importance of supporting family and fulfilling child support requirements. He also understands that a committed and responsible parent sometimes needs legal representation to protect their rights. Unfortunately, your former spouse and the court may not be as understanding and are unwilling to work with you. If you’re faced with the difficult circumstances of a short or long term financial hardship, you may need the help of an experienced lawyer to reduce the child support Tampa FL has dictated that you need to pay. Damien McKinney can review your case at no charge and let you know if he can be of service to you. Contact Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group at 813-906-0048 for legal guidance regarding child support Tampa FL residents can trust.
When parents go through a divorce and have to agree on child support Tampa FL attorneys understand that courtroom proceedings can be stressful. The McKinney Law Group is dedicated to helping parents reach custody agreements and child support agreements. We understand the complexities involved in child support requests, and we have experience counselling parents throughout the process.
At The McKinney Law Group, we believe it’s paramount to help families understand what Tampa child support litigation may entail. There are many aspects of child support litigation. Listed here are a few common considerations:
1. Duty to Support a Minor – The court may uphold a child support agreement between both parents until that child is no longer of minor age.
2. Child Support Calculation – Depending on the state, the amount of financial support due from a partner may be calculated based on a fixed formula.
3. Obligation of Child Support – A lawyer may take action on behalf of their client if the other parent fails to submit the full amount of child support.
4. Modification of Child Support – The amount paid by the non-custody parent may be modified based on employment, uninsured loss, hardship, a change in the child’s needs, or other major changes.
5. Paternity/Maternity Contribution – The amount of child support is based on an amount that the non-custodial parent can reasonably pay, with the main concern being that the child has all basic necessities.
6. Proceeding of Divorce – The court typically wants to ensure that a child’s standard living is preserved, and that they are not harmed emotionally or mentally.
7. Pending Claims – A court can establish a temporary order regarding payment of support while the dispute is still being delegated.
At our law firm, we take pride in being a trusted source of information and defense for matters regarding child support Tampa FL parents face. There are many things that the court will consider when deciding on the verdict of your case. For parents who are going through particularly painful divorces and are struggling to agree on child support Tampa FL lawyers would suggest calling a local law firm immediately.
The McKinney Law Firm: A Trusted Resource for Child Support in Tampa FL
When struggling with child support Tampa FL residents know they can turn to The McKinney Law Firm for reliable and compassionate counsel. The challenges associated with the separating of a family dynamic can be painful enough, but a lawyer may be your strongest ally during this challenging time. When you hire a child support attorney from our law firm, you are working with a skilled, experienced, and compassionate delegator. We believe even though family members are going in different directions, it may still be possible for the family unit to function civilly and respectfully.
You do not have to stand alone when it comes to fighting for your rights in a child support case. Call us today at 813-906-0048 for more information or to set up a consultation with a lawyer from our firm. If you need to speak to a legal professional for matters related to child support Tampa FL families know they can count on The McKinney Law Group.
Steps for Collecting Child Support
Child Support Tampa FL
There may come a time when a single parent needs financial support from the other biological parent, and this may come in the form of child support Tampa FL lawyers can negotiate. For parents who need information about legal matters like this, it’s often recommended to seek the representation of a child support attorney. At The McKinney Law Group, we have been dedicated to protecting the rights of parents and families for over 10 years. We have proudly established a reputation in this community for our ability to offer quality and compassionate services.
A child support attorney from The McKinney Law Group understands that asking for child support can be complex and emotional. We may answer questions or attend to concerns you have during the process. Below, we go over common tips on how to obtain child support Tampa FL parents agree on.
3 Main Steps of Seeking Tampa FL Child Support
1. Establish Parenthood (Biological Father)
If you are the mother seeking compensation from the father, the initial step is to legally identify the father. Depending on your circumstances, the father might already acknowledge his paternity status. If the man believes he might not be the biological father, a child support agency can schedule an appointment for genetic testing. These tests are easy and very accurate. A blood test can also be performed if the initial results of the genetic testing are questionable.
2. Complete a Child Support Order
Every state has different child support laws. These laws are established to properly calculate how much money a parent should receive or contribute for child support. A local office regulating child support Tampa FL lawyers recommend may give you more information about how how child support amounts are determined in your state.
3. Enforce Request
The most effective strategy to collecting child support is through withholding an amount from the obligated parent’s paychecks. Many child support orders need an employer to withhold money and send it to the child support Tampa FL office, which handles the distribution.
Your local child support office, or a child support lawyer from The McKinney Law Group, may help you apply for this financial assistance. Depending on the state, there are certain types of information you must provide in order to apply:
-Details about non-custodial parent
-Children birth certificates
-Records of past child support
-Your personal income and assets
-List of expenses (child needs, day care, activities, health care costs)
-Any written statements in which the alleged father implied or accepted biological fatherhood
-Copy of divorce decree or separation agreement
Contact The McKinney Law Group Today
At The McKinney Law Group, we understand how important it is for single parents to have child support payments. When you need a lawyer to assist with child support in Tampa FL, we hope you’ll remember our firm’s name. We offer legal methods and strategies to help our clients get the financial support the need to care for their children. Call us today at 813-906-0048 to schedule your first free initial consultation about child support Tampa FL families rely on.